Listen to the MP3 Audio or watch the YouTube video below:
Subscribe to our podcast feed
Connect with Us!
Topics from this week’s show
- Michael talked about a new app called Duet that allows you to extend your monitor to your iPad. You can learn more about duet at duetdisplay.com. Thanks to listener Micah for pointing this out to us!
- JSU Bands “Hoverboards”
- Bruce tells us about his “Hoverboard” and the trouble with it.
- Mars Analog Mission Set
- Another private company awarded contract for Space Station deliveries
- Bruce talks about Google Sign In Experiments. He wants an invite if anyone has one.
- Bruce says you really Don’t own your car.
- Apple doesn’t have a clue how many people are using the News app
- Obama administration ready to put $4B toward self driving cars
- GoPro laying off 7% of its workforce
- Microsoft ends support for Windows 8, Old versions of Internet Explorer
- Netflix says stop We will stop you from watching other countries streams
- JetBlue network issues cause indefinite delays and tons of angry passengers
- Airbus’ Drone Killer camera system
- Google tries to kill passwords…. Again
- E-Mail from listener Chris: Any thoughts on a good, 7″ (ish), Android tablet? I think mine has outlived it’s software. It’s dragging and slow. I’m thinking the Samsung Galaxy tab 4 (I’m wanting to downsize from the 10″ tablet. I think I’ll use a smaller tablet more.)
- Call from Daniel: Wanted to ask us about graphics cards and the latest games, specifically what card will I get the best gaming experience. Bruce recommended checking out systemrequirementslab.com where you can test your system and see how it will run games (select game from list) ARK:Survival Evolved one of his favorite game
- CIA Director Clapper personal accounts hacked
- Did MIT just save the incandescent lightbulb
- Your music library is at risk on your iOS device
- AT&T offers unlimited data if you subscribe to DirecTV
- Microsoft update MS16-007
- Google Cardboard -new audio upgrade
- MIT De-icing glass
- iOS Music library security risk
- Citizens of Communist China pray Google returns
This Week in Tech History
January 9, 2007
Steve Jobs introduces Apple’s entry into the cell phone market with the iPhone. Read More
Also on the same day in 1992, Apple CEO John Sculley coined the term Personal Digital Assistant, or PDA. Read More
Picks of the Week