Listen to the MP3 Audio or watch the YouTube video below:
Subscribe to our podcast feed
Topics from this week’s show
- Windows 10 – Who gets a free upgrade or not?
- 8 Things some will not miss with Windows 10
- Chicago’s Streaming/Cloud Tax sparks a long discussion… Listen to the clip
- Cisco’s acquisition of OpenDNS and how it might affect you
- Level 3 Communications (LVLT) Acquires Black Lotus
- Selfie Sticks Banned at Disney Parks
- Michael’s impressions of Apple Music and Beats One. An OP ED on Gen Z
- A writing in the Journal of Science suggest possible updates to Fiber Networks
- Kelly has purchased a new iPhone 6 and wants to move her data from her iPhone 5S to the her new phone. This is a very easy process when moving between iPhones. You can enable the iCloud service. Setup iCloud to sync your pictures, contacts, calendars, etc on the old phone. Let iCloud sync the info up. Then setup iCloud on your new device and all the data should automatically download. Bruce recommended using Google Photos to backup your photos to the cloud from the old device. The Guru pointed out an Apple Support Article that details how to migrate from an Android device to iPhone. Listen to the clip
- Anthony had a question about Windows 10. Michael and The Guru discuss their opinions and experiences using 10 and 8.1. Listen to the clip
- Franck (with a CK) had a question for Bruce about Juniper Networks. Bruce deciphers his question on air and gives the answer a shot. Listen to the clip
- Apple’s Next Generation iPhone with Force Touch?
- OS X El Capitan Code Hints at 4K 21.5 inch Retina iMac?
- Microsoft canceling release of Surface Pro 4?
- Microsoft interested in purchasing AMD?
Overclocked Stack Listen to the clip
- Google-Powered beer fridge translates thirst in 40 languages
- Google Maps will soon warn drivers at railroad crossings
- AppleCare expanding battery coverage
- Mobile App developer builds app to secretly mine crypto currency and gets busted
- A Golf Tracker for Microsoft Band
- Man dies after being crushed by a robot
- GM has new Teen Driving Technology
- PLEX hacked.. Change your password
This Week in Tech History: 8 years ago this week, the much anticipated iPhone went on sale. Love it or hate it, the iPhone changed the smartphone market forever.
Picks of the Week Listen to the clip