Listen to the MP3 Audio or watch the YouTube video below:
Subscribe to our podcast feed
Topics from this week’s show
- Windows 10 coming out soon. Can you device/PC run the new OS?
- Michael discusses his water-logged phone 2 weeks later. It now starts to shut down randomly. The Guru says its time to replace it, but Michael says it will make it until November (when he can upgrade).
- Discussion of Television/Video options (Cable vs DirecTV vs DISH vs AT&T Uverse) including streaming players (Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV Stick)
- Windows released an out-of-cycle patch to all windows versions (including Windows Server 2003) related to a major security vulnerability. Patch your system!
- UK Scientists invent Bionic Eye
- Pager app–The Uber for Doctors (Doctor Housecall app)
- The latest hacks
- Toshiba exec resigns after overstated earnings
- NASA reveals Earth’s larger Cousin – Kepler 452b
- Apple hiring auto industry managers points to possible Apple Car in the future?
- Solar cell touchscreen patent award to Apple–Possible self charging phones in the future?
- Future Nokia Lumia handsets to have pen support and retina scanning?
- Faulty strut was cause of SpaceX launch failure
- We are winning the war on spam
- Even If You Think Kim Dotcom Is Guilty As Sin, The US Government Stealing His Assets Should Concern You
- Scientists warn people to think twice before replying to alien transmissions
- Smithsonian starting Kickstart campaign to help restore/preserve Neil Armstrong’s Apollo 11 spacesuit
- Thousands flock to donate sperm on eBay style website
- USA Wins International Math Olympiad over China–First time in 21 years
This Week in Tech History:
July 21, 1999 – Apple introduces the iBook laptop, the first mainstream computer designed and sold with built-in wireless networking.