Listen to the MP3 Audio or watch the YouTube video below:
Subscribe to our podcast feed
Connect with Us!
Our Guest this week was Johnny Jet. If you are planning a trip, you need to check out his website at JohnnyJet.com. Johnny shares his travel tips and expertise to help make you a travel guru–and save some money in the process.
Travel App Recommendations by Johnny Jet:
Johnny also recommended to join the airline/hotel frequent travel reward programs, even if you don’t travel that much. There are often perks for just being a member. We also talked about some tips and tricks while traveling. First, pack your patience. Be nice to the airline flight attendants and gate agents. Being nice to these folks can go a long way. Johnny packs three boxes of chocolate when he travels (one for the flight attendants, one for the gate agents, and one for himself). We also talked about avoiding free public wi-fi hotspots. Some are setup by hackers to steal your information. If you must use wifi abroad, use a VPN.
Topics from this week’s show
- More details about the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program
- Appeals court strikes a blow for fair use
- Tips for locating a phone that you have misplaced
- Update on the Chicago Cloud Tax
- NFL to start using RFID Tags
- AT&T’s new ‘Unlimited’ Data Plan (its actually capped at 22GB per month)
- Facebook working on a ‘Dislike’ Button
- VLC Player on Apple TV
- Invites go out for Microsoft Press Event for October 6th–New Surface Pros and Phones?
- 8000K TV
- Young Driver complains about iPhone Docks–What Ensues is Pure Gold
- Apple’s new company store to reopen soon at One Infinite Loop
- Star Wars $28K Watch
- Canon VR Glasses
- BatBand – New Kickstarter
This Week in Tech History
September 17, 1990 – 25 years ago
Local justice joins the computer age. Calhoun County becomes the first county in the state to use a new computerized court reporting system. The system provided an almost instantaneous transcript of trails. As the court reporter takes notes on a stenography machine, the information is fed to a main computer that translates the keystrokes into readable English.
Hack of the Week
Picks of the Week
- Michael – Long Lost GoPro Sent Into Space Recovered with Data Intact The YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EABQ5psUz70
- The Guru – Johnny Jet Travel Tip – Stay Away from “Free” Wi-Fi