It is not a big deal to stay connected with anyone, regardless of the distance, whether a person is in the next room or the farthest corner of the world. Interaction can take place through a decent data network or Wi-Fi, and we think it might suffice. But sometimes, we are compelled to see things from a different perspective. Mere interaction arouses doubts and suspicion. It can happen in many cases like you are an HR in a company, and an employee takes sick leave. But you really do not know if he is at home, taking mandatory rest or gallivanting in a mall, just to evade responsibility for work.
You might also want to know whether your child, who left home saying he went to his friend’s house, has gone there or not.
7 Ways To Trace The Location Of A Person
These are some methods you can use to trace the location of a person.
Trace location by Mobile Number
If you have the mobile number of the person you want to know the location of, you can simply trace their location by using web services like Whitepages, Spyera, and Find my Device.
Track location via Whitepages
is an easy interface for locating someone through his/her mobile phone by just entering the number in the search box.
The service reveals some information like criminal records, relations, address, acquaintances, maiden names, and much more. If you live in the US, it will be much better to use the service. You can also use the app version, provided it is available in your country.
Search on Social Media like Facebook
Facebook , or their account is public.
CNAM lookup (Caller ID)
lookup tool is a useful alternative to trace the caller’s location. You can know other information like personal details of the person, for which you will have to pay to access such details.
However, if the person who is to be traced uses a CNAM blocker, the call would not be identified because it will conceal the caller’s information and phone number.
Trace location through IMEI number
IMEI number , which contains information about the device’s manufacturing details. It can reveal a person’s location too. This method is often used by Police officials to track lost phones.
IMEI Tracker can do the job for you for tracking a person’s location. Every mobile has a unique, 15 digit IMEI number. In case you lose your phone, or you want to track someone’s location if you know their IMEI number, then you can follow either of the following steps:
You can give the IMEI number to your mobile phone provider (if the phone is yours) and they will discern the details themselves, which they will provide you within hours or some days.
Top 10 Android Apps to Chat with Strangers
Open the IMEI tracker and fill the number in the search box and click on the “Search Device” option.
Visit IMEI Tracker
Download third-party apps for tracking IMEI on the Google Play Store or Apple Apps Store.
Download IMEI Tracker
Use Find My Device services
This service is available for Android and Apple Services. For iOS, it has “Find my iPhone”.
Find my Phone for Android
has been developed by Google Play Protect that can tell you about your phone’s current location and activities. In case it is lost or stolen, it will instantly lock your device and would not let anyone access information in it until you decide their intervention.
Visit Find My Device Website to Track
- Download Find my Device from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and sign in using your Google Account.
- Give location access and ensure that your phone has an internet connection.
- You will be able to trace the location of your phone, and if needed, you can lock it and erase all of its data.
Download Find My Device
Find my iPhone for iOS
You will not have to install it separately as it is present in your phone.
- Open Settings of your phone.
- Tap on your name and Apple ID
- Tap on iCloud.
- Select Find my iPhone and enable it.
website and enter your Apple ID to get your job done.
Visit iCloud Find My Device
Install Spyera app
It is available for Android as well as iOS.
- Firstly, obtain the app license from Spyera’s official website.
- Install the app on the person’s phone, who is to be tracked.
- If GPS is not enabled in his device, it will improvise with mobile data or Wi-Fi connection, whichever is available.
- It will get the information and send it to your web panel, thereby disclosing their location and other details.
Visit Spyera to Download
GPS tracking , website blocking call logs, and keyword alerts to trace the location of a person.
Once opened, you will be allowed to check the route history of the phone and its real-time locations.
- button to get started.
- Enter your email address. It will send you a link to your email to activate your account. Open your email and tap on the link provided to confirm.
- You can either purchase its services if you want or use the free period trial.
- Install the software on the person’s phone you want to locate and log in to your account and give access to all permissions that follow.
- After setting up the account on the person’s phone, open the Control Panel on your computer and find PanSpy’s features. Click on the location tab for accessing the phone’s location.
Visit to Register
Using IP addresses
You can even get the details of a person and their location updates by their IP addresses.
, and it will do the work for you.
- Open the website of InspectLet.
- The website will provide you with a tracking code, which you will have to install on your device.
- Send the link to the person to be tracked after installing the code.
- After clicking on the link, you will subsequently be able to access their activity and IP address on a real-time basis.
- It will record everything the person will do and provide you with those details.
15 Best Firewall Authentication Apps For Android Phones
Now that you know about how to trace the location of a person, you can use any of the alternatives mentioned above. Regardless of the purpose, you can easily track a person, and your privacy will not be at stake. These methods are legal and safe to use.